The Torres Community Shelter is open for guests from 4:30pm – 6:40am daily.
Check-in is between 4:30 pm and 6:00 pm nightly for both new and returning guests.
Please call and get prior approval for an alternate arrival time.
To make an appointment to meet with staff, please call between 10:00am and 3:00pm, Monday-Friday. Case managers, agency representatives and social workers from other service providers should call and arrange for shelter entry on behalf of their clients.
It is our highest priority to make the Torres Shelter a safe, clean and healthy place to stay.
- No drinking or intoxication on the premises
- No drugs (unless prescription)
- No violent behavior
- Guests under 18 must be with a parent/guardian
In order to ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone at the Torres Community Shelter, all of our guests must understand and agree to follow our Shelter Guidelines.
Guest support services include but are not limited to:
- Butte County Low Cost and No Cost Information
- CalFresh (aka Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Catalyst (domestic violence)
- Esplanade House
- Jesus Center