The Torres Community Shelter is a large 140-bed homeless shelter in Chico, CA that serves men, women, and families with children. In addition to providing overnight shelter, showers, and an evening meal, we strive to help people improve their circumstance: find jobs, housing, and other support systems vital to getting back on their feet.
Last year, we averaged a success story every 33 hours! That meant guests left the Torres Shelter and moved into housing.
Guest Support Services
We are more than just a shelter. Guest support services include (but are not limited to):
- Emergency overnight shelter for men, women and families
- Private family rooms and showers
- Evening meals
- Clean restrooms and showers
- Clothing vouchers from local thrift stores
- Telephone message service
- Mail service
- Case management and assistance
- Public benefits referrals
- Mental health services referrals
- Legal services referrals
- Employment services referrals
- Addiction services referrals
- Medical services referrals
- Veterans’ services referrals
Sign up to receive our weekly e-newsletter and stay up-to-date with what’s happening at the shelter.